Để học tốt tiếng anh chuyên ngành công nghệ thông tin, phần này sẽ giúp bạn giải bài tập trong sách tiếng anh chuyên ngành theo nội dung được bám sát theo chương trình tiếng anh CNTT. Mời bạn đọc tham khảo
Bạn đang xem: Giải bài tập TACN UNIT 9:TYPE OF BASIC SOFTWARE
9.1 System software
B. Label the interface features (a-j) on the screenshot of Apple’s Mac OS X operating system below with words in bold from this list.
- Desktop: the background screen that displays icons and folders
- Window: a scrollable viewing area on screen; it can contain files or folders
- Icon: a picture representing an object; for example, a document, program, folder or hard drive icon
- Folder: a directory that holds data, programs and other folders
- Menu bar: a row of words that open up menus when selected
- Drop-down (pull-down) menu: a list of options that appears below a menu item when selected
- Scroll bar: a horizontal or vertical bar that is clicked and dragged in the desired direction
- Dock: set of icons at the bottom of the screen that give you access to the things you use most
g-hard drive icon
9.1.4 Language work: countable and uncountable nouns
Look at the HELP box and Complete this text with a, an, the or nothing x
Linux is (1) __an___operating system and it was initially created as (2) __a__hobby by a young student, Linus Torvalds, at the University of Helsinki in Finland. Version 1.0 of the Linux Kernel(*) was released in 1994. (3) _x___Kernel, at the heart of all Linux systems, is developed and released under GNU General Public License, and its source code is freely available to everyone.
Apart from the fact that it’s freely distributed, (4) __x__Linux’s functionality, adaptability and robustness has made it the main alternative for proprietary Unix and Microsoft operating systems. IBM, Hewlett-Packard and other giants of the computing world have embraced Linux and support its ongoing development. More than (5) __a__decade after its initial release, Linux is being adopted worldwide, primarily as (6) _a__server platform. Its use as a home and office desktop operating system is also on the rise. The operating system can also be incorporated directly into (7) _x__microchips in a process called (8) _x___embedding, and it is increasingly being used this way in appliances and devices.
9.2 Application software
A. In pairs, discuss these questions
1. What is a spreadsheet?
>> A spreadsheets is like large of paper with a lot of columns and rows.
2. What are spreadsheets used for?
>>Spreadsheets are used in business for finacial planning, to make calculations, a keep a record of the company’s account.
B.Look at the worksheet above and label a, b and c with column, row and cell.
Then answer these questions.
1.what types of data can be keyed into a cell?
>>You can enter text, numbers and formulae
2.What happens if you change the value of a cell?
>>The values of the spreadsheet are automatically caculated
188.8.131.52 An invoice, a business letter and a fax.
A.Spreadsheets are also used to generate invoices. Complete the invoice below with the given words below.
Quantity / Description/ Price/ VAT(value-added-tax)/ Product/ Grand-total/ Company
7. Grand total
D.Complete these statements about databases using information from the text.
- A databases management sytem is used to_store organize and retrieve information from database__
- Information is entered into a database via__fields___
- Each field holds _a separate piece of information___
- Updating a file means _making changes, adding new record or deleting old ones___
- Some advantages of a database program over a manual filing system are _It is much faster to consult. it occupies much less space; record can be easily sorted; information can be easily updated; computer database can be shared by a lot of used over a network____
- Access to a common database over a network can be protected by using_user-defined passwords and other security devices__
E. Solve the clues and complete the puzzle.
- A collection of data stored in a PC in a systematic way.
- A unit of a database file made up of related fields.
- A single piece of information in a record.
- A_________database maintains separate related files, but combines data elements from the files for queries and reports.
- Some companies have several computers sharing a database over a_________
- To look for specific information, for example the name of an employee.
- To classify records into numerical or alphabetical order.
- A tool that allows you to extract information that meets certain criteri
This is the disk operating system developed in 1981(1)….by.… Microsoft Corp. It is the standard OS for all IBM PC compatible or clones. In this text-based operating system, you communicate(2)…communicate…. the computer by typing commands that exist within its library. For example, some basic DOS commands (3)…includes………. DIR (shows a list of all the files in a directory), COPY (makes a duplicate of a file). DEL (deletes files).
Windows ’95 is a bootable operating system in its own right: It (4)…has…… a graphical interface with many Macintosh-like features. It supports multimedia applications (5)…and…… comes with Internet software. The program manager is (6)…called……. Windows Explorer. Buttons and scroll-bars have an attractive, three-dimensional look.
With Windows ’98, Internet access becomes (7)…a part………. of the user interface. Its active desktop lets you find information easily with the same view (8)…as…… content on your PC, network or the Web. The system includes Outlook Express (9)……for….. e-mail, NetMeeting conferencing software, a chat program and a Web-page editor. It offers support for new technologies(10)…such as…… DVD and it also enables you to watch TV on your PC.
(Source: A course of basic English for computer science, Nhà xuất bản GTVT)
Trên đây là toàn bộ lời giải bài tập tiếng anh chuyên ngành Unit 9 được biên soạn theo giáo trình tiếng anh chuyên ngành Công nghệ thông tin. Cảm ơn các bạn đã tham khảo trên ttnguyen.net