Để học tốt tiếng anh chuyên ngành công nghệ thông tin, phần này sẽ giúp bạn giải bài tập trong sách tiếng anh chuyên ngành theo nội dung được bám sát theo chương trình tiếng anh CNTT. Mời bạn đọc tham khảo
Bạn đang xem: Giải bài tập tiếng anh chuyên ngành Unit 6: MAIN MEMORY
6.4 Computer memory and computer storages
A. COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING SENTENCES WITH DIFFERENT TYPES OF MEMORY:
1. Computer storage can be classified as___magnetic storage___, ___optical storage_____and more recently semiconductor storage
2. Cache is a type of fast memory that uses a separate clock signal in addition to the normal control signals.
3. RAM provides extremely fast access for sections of a program and its data.
4. VRAM is the memory used to store graphics data on a graphic card.
5. A hard disk drive is a common storage device that reads and writes data on metal disks inside a sealed case.
6. An SSD is a new data storage device that uses non-moving parts and lower energy consumption
7. A floppy disk drive is a popular storage device that reads and writes data on a floppy disk.
8. RAM is a type of memory that can be accessed in any order.
9. ROM is a type of memory that holds instructions which are needed to start up the computer.
10. A CD is a type of storage that can be read by a laser light
B. COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPHS WITH THE WORDS GIVEN
|A. Memory chips
Random Access Memory or RAM is the memory that the computer uses to temporarily store the information as it is being processed. The more information being processed the more RAM the (1) computer needs.
RAM memory chips come in many different sizes and speeds and can usually be (2) expanded . Older computers came with 512 Kb of memory which could be expanded to a maximum of 640 Kb. In most modern computers the memory can be expanded by adding or replacing the memory chips depending on the processor you have and the type of memory your computer uses. (3) Memory chips range in size from 1 Mb to 4 Gb. As computer technology changes, the type (4) of memory changes as well making old memory chips out of date. Check your computer manual to find out what kind of memory your computer uses before (5) purchasing new memory chips.
C. SOLVE THE FOLLOWING CROSSWORD USING THE CLUES GIVEN:
1. Portable hard drives are used to make a backup of important files or transport data between PCs.
4. PCs usually have one hard drive , called C.
6. DVD-RW means Digital Versatile Disc- ReWriteable.
7. Non-volatile memory is computer memory that can retain the stored information even when not powered.
2. Flash memory cards are used to store information in digital cameras and other handheld devices.
3. Unit of memory equivalent to 1,024 megabytes. >> gigabyte
5. When a disk is formatted, its surface is divided into concentric circles known as tracks .
(Source: Check your English vocabulary for computer and Information Technology)
D. FILL IN THE BLANK WITH THE CORRECT WORDS GIVEN: PROCESSORS AND MEMORY
The “brain” of a computer is the (1)___processor_____. Most of these are made by Intel and AMD, and are sometimes referred to as”(2)___ chip_____”.The fastest processors are(3)___ dual core____,which means that there are two processors working together. The (4)__speed____of a processor is measured in (5) __megahertz__., which is usually written as MHz
A computer’s memory is measured in (6)__ megabytes_____If a computer has 1,024 megabytes of memory, and the memory type is SDRAM, this is written as 1,024 MB SDRAM, and is pronounced “a thousand and twenty-four megabytes ess- dee-dram”.
The processor and memory modules are located on the (7)__motherboard____.Changing a computer’s processor is not generally practical, but the memory can usually be (8)____upgraded________.
Motherboard, in computer science, the(1)…main….circuit board in a computer. The most important computer chips and other electronic(2)…components…….that give function to a computer are located on the motherboard. The motherboard is a printed circuit board that connects the various elements on it through the use of trace, or(3)…electrical……pathways. The motherboard is indispensable to the computer and provides the main computing(4)……capability…
Personal computers(5)……normally……. have one central processing unit (CPU), or microprocessor, which is located with other chips on the motherboard. The manufacturer and model of the CPU chip(6)…carried…..by the motherboard is a key criterion for designating the speed and other capabilities of the computer. The CPU in many personal computers is not(7)…permanently…….. attached to the motherboard, but is instead plugged into a socket(8)…so that……..it may be removed and upgraded. Motherboards also contain important computing components, such as the basic output/input (9)………system….. which contain the basic set of instruction require to(10)……control……the computer when it is first turned on.
Trên đây là toàn bộ lời giải bài tập tiếng anh chuyên ngành Unit 6 được biên soạn theo giáo trình tiếng anh chuyên ngành Công nghệ thông tin. Cảm ơn các bạn đã tham khảo trên ttnguyen.net