Để học tốt tiếng anh chuyên ngành công nghệ thông tin, phần này sẽ giúp bạn giải bài tập trong sách tiếng anh chuyên ngành theo nội dung được bám sát theo chương trình tiếng anh CNTT. Mời bạn đọc tham khảo
Bạn đang xem: Giải bài tập tiếng anh chuyên ngành UNIT 16: INTERNET AND EMAIL
16.1 Internet basics
D.Read the conversation again and complete the customer’s notes.
To connect to the internet from home, I need (1)a ___computer________and(2) a___modem_____ Also need an account with an(3)___Internet Service Provider__ (a company that offers connection for a monthly fee). If you want to connect lot of computers without using cables ,you can use a(4)__wireless___ router. Wi-Fi uses (5)__radio____ waves to send data over medium-range distances. Things you can do on the Internet:(6)__email, file transfer, new groups, real-time chats, instant messaging, looking for information on the web___
‘Web’ or ‘Internet’? The Web: huge connection of (7)______pages____stored on computer all over the world. The Internet: The network which connect all the computers.
16.2 Reading : Internet FAQs
B.In pairs, discuss which of the internet systems (1-6) you would use to do the tasks (a-f). Then read Part 2 of the FAQS below and check your answers
|1. Email||a. transfer files from the Internet to your hard drive|
|2. The Web||b. send a message to another person via the Internet|
|3. Newsgroups||c. have a live conversation (usually typed) online|
|4. Chat and IM||d. connect to a remote computer by entering instructions,
and run a program on it.
|5. FTP||e. take part in public discussion areas devoted to specific topics|
|6. Telnet||f. download and view documents published on the Internet|
1b, 3f, 3e, 4c, 5a, 6d
16.2.2 Internet FAQS: Part 2
Read Internet FAQs (Part 2) above and find words and phrases in Part 2 with the following meanings
1. a system used to distribute email to many different subscribers at once. ( in Email paragraph)
>> mailing list
2. a program used for displaying web pages ( in the Web paragraph)
>> web browser
3. to connect to a computer by typing your username and password ( In Telnet paragraph)
4. a series of interrelated messages on a given topic ( In Newsgroups paragraph)
5. a program for reading User net newsgroups (In Newsgroups paragraph).
16.3 Email features
A.Read the text below and find the followings.
- The place where your ISP stores your emails___mail server___
- The type of program used to read and send email from a computer___email client___
- The part of an email address that identifies the user of the service___username____
- The line that describes the content of an email____subject__
- The computer file which is sent along with an email message_attachment___
- Facial symbols used to indicate an emotion or attitude__emoticons____
- The name given junk mail___spam___
Fill in the blanks with a suitable given word from the box
Electronic mail, or e-mail, allows computer users locally and worldwide(1)…to..exchange messages. Each user of e-mail has a mailbox(2)…address…. to which messages are sent. Messages sent through e-mail can arrive with a matter of seconds. A powerful aspect of e-mail is the option to send electronic (3)…document………to a person’s e-mail address. Non-ASCII files, known as(4)…binary…….files, may be(5)…attached…….to e-mail messages. These files are referred to as MIME attachments. MIME(6)……stands…..for Multimedia Internet Mail Extension, and was developed to help e-mail software handle a variety of file(7)…types…….For example, a(8)…paper….created in Microsoft Word can be attached to(9)……an… e-mail message and retrieved by the recipient with the appropriate e-mail program. Many e-mail programs, including Eudora, Netscape Messenger, and Microsoft Outlook Express, offer the ability to read files(10)…written……
Trên đây là toàn bộ lời giải bài tập tiếng anh chuyên ngành Unit 16 được biên soạn theo giáo trình tiếng anh chuyên ngành Công nghệ thông tin. Cảm ơn các bạn đã tham khảo trên ttnguyen.net